Improve your Emotional Intelligence with Xenonex
Emotional intelligence is the ability to recognise one's own and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different feelings and label them appropriately, and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behaviour.
Studies have shown that people with high emotional intelligence have exemplary job performance and more potent leadership skills.
The Xenonex coaches do a lot of work with individuals in leadership roles to help them improve their levels of emotional intelligence and become better leaders.
Emotional intelligence can be strengthened over time but often those who most need to develop it realise too late, or not at all!
Below Muriel Maignan Wilkins, who runs an executive coaching and leadership development firm, identifies some telltale signs that you need to work on your emotional intelligence.
Maybe you can think of others?
- You get impatient and frustrated when you think that others don’t get to the point soon enough.
- You’re surprised when others are sensitive to your comments or jokes, and you think they’re overreacting.
- You think being liked at work is overrated.
- You weigh in early with your opinions and stand behind them no matter what.
- You hold others to the same high expectations you hold for yourself.
- You find others are to blame for most of the issues on your team.
- You find it annoying when others expect you to know how they feel
Xenonex offers a range of psychometrics designed to raise awareness, inform learning and bring about behavioural change where required. Our Emotional Intelligence (EQi) psychometric tool is designed to assess the leader's ability to perceive, understand and manage one's own emotions and those of others.
To find out more contact Jo Watson, Business Development Manager on 01423 876371 or email email@example.com