5 ways to be influential – Executive Coaching
Since influence is the key to effective leadership, this tool outlines 5 ways team members can exert more influence within an organisation:
1. Solid reputation : Establish a reputation as someone who is credible, respected, and trustworthy.
2. Enhanced skill set: Become known as someone who is competent and accomplished. Be the authority people turn to when they have a question something related your area of expertise.
3. Executive presence: Exhibit the traits of a powerful, confident, assertive leader.
4. Superior likability: Be personable, charismatic, and optimistic. Use encouragement and positive feedback to motivate employees and team members to put their best effort into their work.
5. Power to persuade: Develop the ability to convince others to support your ideas and projects.